Your privacy is important to us.
Pupils combine guided tours of Hill of The O’Neill and our permanent exhibition with either a drama workshop (KS2) or storytelling and a puppet show (KS1), and they begin to understand the main historical events associated with this heritage site.
History on the Hill runs for one week in October. There is one 2½ hour session each day beginning at 10.00am. This activity is suitable for KS1 (P3/4) and KS2 pupils.Make an enquiry
• Begin to understand historical facts relating to the Flight of the Earls and Plantation of Ulster
• Take part in a storytelling session and learn about historical figures featured in the permanent exhibition
• Watch a puppet show in order to learn about life in the past on the Hill of The O’Neill
• Engage with historical facts relating to the Flight of the Earls and Plantation of Ulster through a guided tour of the permanent exhibition and the Hill of The O’Neill
• Individually, and in small groups, make a study of the exhibition and complete pupil booklets
• Participate in a drama activity that furthers their knowledge of the history of this period
For more information about our 'History on The Hill' programme, please complete the form below.